Forum » Off-Topic » Off-Topic Discussions » ary; Alistair Clark, Baystre

ary; Alistair Clark, Baystre

• EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Hydro Flask Cena .J. -- Jon Beason is going be back in the middle of the New York Giants defence, and he is going to have help at the linebacker spot. The Giants confirmed Friday that they re-signed Beason and later said they also signed former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain. The team did not disclose contract details, but reports said Beason got $19 million over three years. Terms of McClains deal were not immediately available. The moves shore up the linebacking position with the team having already given a tender to restricted free agent Spencer Paysinger, the weakside linebacker. The Giants also announced they re-signed fullback Henry Hynoski. Beason came to the Giants in a midseason trade with the Carolina Panthers and stabilized the defence. The three-time Pro Bowl linebacker had 98 tackles after joining the team in the sixth game of the season. New Yorks defence finished eighth in the league overall after being near the bottom. "You know how when you pick up a good book and its good because they develop a character and theres always some type of turmoil, something bad happens," Beason said. "And then the character has to come out and overcome it and then its like, Man, that was a really good read. For me, I think it just made my career story better, having to overcome some things. "You come out, you get drafted high, you start making Pro Bowls and become the highest-paid player, All-Pro and all that stuff. Thats a boring book. For me, I feel like its prepared me for whats still to come. If youre going to lead men, especially at this level, you have to be battle-tested." Undrafted after college, McLain has played in 87 regular-season games with 55 starts and in nine post-season games with three starts. In six seasons with Baltimore, McClain had 338 tackles (214 solo), 4 1/2 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble and three fumble recoveries. He also had 60 special teams tackles. "Its an opportunity," McClain said. "I believe in opportunity and I believe that everything happens for a reason. Now I get a chance to re-create myself. I get a chance to re-create my own identity without being placed with any label. No disrespect to anything that Ive been through or anybody anywhere else, but when you get into this position you have to choose the best for your family, the best for your career, the best for your longevity. This was one of those circumstances for me where I could come here and create myself and compete and be the player that I want to be or the player that I can be. Beason was limited to five games in 2011 and 12 because of injuries and he was relegated to a backup role after three games in 2013. The Panthers were willing to take a seventh-round draft pick from the Giants for Beason, who was the 25th pick overall in the 2007 draft. "You go through some stuff, you feel like youre getting dragged through the mud and all of a sudden you just keep fighting, fighting. And then you come out clean on the other side," Beason said. "For me, a fresh start was great. But obviously I know who I am and what Ive already accomplished, so why cant I continue to do that? I feel like Im just scratching the surface." McClain is familiar with injuries. He started the first 13 games of the 2012 season before injuring his neck at Washington on Dec. 9. He was inactive the following week, sitting out for the first time in his career and snapping a streak of 77 consecutive games played. He was sidelined for the Ravens four-game post-season run in 2012, including their victory in Super Bowl XLVII, because he was on injured reserve with a spinal cord contusion. "I missed that, so I really dont have a ring," he said. "I feel I have a chance to win one with his organization. Winning is everything. If youre in this game, you should only be playing to win and to compete. Without that, what are we left with? A bunch of numbers on the board? It really doesnt mean anything. I play this game to win, I play this game for respect and this organization does that at the highest level. Im happy to be a part of it." McClain missed the start of last season recovering from his injury. He started all 10 games in which he played and had 50 tackles (27 solo) and a forced fumble. Hynoski, who suffered a knee injury in an off-season team activity in May, missed most of last season after a shoulder injury in third regular-season game. "Im finally 100 per cent healthy now," Hynoski said. "Im ready to go. Im just extremely anxious to get back on the field. It was a humbling year." Hynoski will have to compete with John Conner for the fullback job. Conner started seven of the 13 games. "This is where I was comfortable, and luckily everything worked out," said Hynoski, who made the Giants as a free agent in 2011. "The Giants had a mutual feeling, the same feeling I had about them. They wanted me back, I wanted to be back here and Im glad it worked out." Hydro Flask Lilac .Johnny there, who knew he had that speed? teammate Tommy Wingels said.Scott and Matt Irwin were unlikely goal-scorers Tuesday night as the previously stingy San Jose Sharks finally sprung a leak or two, blowing a pair of three-goal leads before coming away with a 6-5 shootout victory over the Washington Capitals. Hydro Flask Lahev . Barnard, 28, was 1-0 with a 0.53 ERA in three appearances, including two starts, with San Angel o this season. He struck out 19 batters and walked just one in 17 innings pitched. He has previous American Association experience with the Lincoln Saltdogs, El Paso Diablos and Amarillo Sox.TORONTO -- Canadian rugby coach Kieran Crowley will be able to rely on some veteran help next month at the IRB Americas Rugby Championship in Langford, B.C. The Oct. 11-19 tournament features sides from Canada, Argentina, the U.S. and Uruguay. Sanctioned by the IRB, its goal is to develop domestic-based players in the Americas. Canada was runner-up at last years ARC, defeating Uruguay 28-10 and the U.S. 23-3 before losing to unbeaten Argentina 28-9. While Crowley has selected some young players, he has also named such veterans as Ray Barkwill, Nick Blevins, Adam Kleeberger, Jamie Mackenzie, Mike Scholz, Andrew Tiedemann, Conor Trainor, Sean White and Doug Wooldridge. Uruguay, ranked 32st in the world, will be bringing its full national team this year, according to Crowley, with an eye to preparing for its World Cup qualification showdown next year with the 18th-ranked U.S. Eagles. Like Canada, the U.S., will be using a domestic side at the ARC although Crowley says it looks stronger than the one the Americans fielded last year. Argentina, ranked 10th in the world, will be bringing a developmental side with its top players currently involved in the ongoing Rugby Championship tournament. The Eagles Select XV includes capped players Shawn Pittman, Phil Tiel, Nick Wallace, Toby LEstrange and Tito Lamositele. The Canadian rugby schedule this fall also includes the Gold Coast Sevens in Australia Oct. 12-13 while the 15-man national team hosts the New Zealand Maori in Toronto on Nov. 3 before heading to Europe for tests in Georgia, Romania and Portugal. The Maori game in Toronto falls outside the IRBs international window so Crowley will not be able to summon all his overseas pros. But he hopes to have most back for the November tour. "Were still dealing with a couple (of clubs), trying to get players released," he said. The sevens circuit continues Nov. 29-30 in Dubai and Dec. 7-8 in South Africa. Crowley is dangling an ARC carrot for his 15-man squad. "Theres still probably a couple of positions open for the November tour which these guys get a chance to put up their hands for," he said. Depth is needed at prop and loose forward among other positions, he added. The Canadian ARC squad was picked after Crowley and his staff carefully watched this summers Canadian Rugby Championship.. Hydro Flask Cz. It features eight members of the B.C. Bears and seven from the champion Ontario Blues, five from the Prairie Wolf Pack and three from The Rock. Young talent includes Jake Illnicki and Irish-born fullback Jack Fitzpatrick, who played for Canada in the Junior World Rugby Trophy. "The younger guys get a chance now to play at a higher level and see what its like," said Crowley. "Its a stepping stone for them." Not available for selection due to injury are Tom Dolezel, Jake Webster, and Sean Duke. Ontario Blues fly-half Liam Underwood is unavailable due to university commitments. --- Canada roster for IRB Americas Rugby Championship Kyle Baille, Castaway Wanderers, Charlottetown; Ray Barkwill, Niagara Wasps, Niagara Falls, Ont.; Nick Blevins, Calgary Hornets, Calgary; Alistair Clark, Baystreet RFC, Oakville, Ont.; Zac Coughlan, Swilers RFC, St. Johns, N.L.; Joe Dolesau, Burnaby Lake RC, Burnaby, B.C.; Jack Fitzpatrick, Dublin University Football Club, Dublin; Aaron Flagg, Abbotsford RFC, Abbotsford, B.C.; Kyle Gilmour, St. Albert Rugby Club, Edmonton; Micha Gorvorchin, Burnaby Lake RC, New Westminster, B.C.; Matt Heaton, SABRFC, Godmanchester, Que.; Jake Illnicki, Williams Lake Rustlers, Williams Lake, B.C.; Adam Kleeberger, Castaway Wanderers, White Rock, B.C.; Jamie Mackenzie, UVic Vikes, Oakville, Ont.; Duncan Maguire, St. Albert Rugby Club, St. Albert, Alta.; Ryan March, Abbotsford RFC, Abbotsford, B.C.; Adam McQueen, Calgary Hornets, Canmore, Alta.; Henry (Hank) McQueen, Balmy Beach, West Vancouver; Callum Morrison, UBCOC Ravens, Victoria; Mike Scholz, Castaway Wanderers, London, Ont.; Andrew Tiedemann, Castaway Wanderers, St. Albert, Alta.; Conor Trainor, UBCOB Ravens, Vancouver; Sean White, James Bay AA, Victoria; Jordan Wilson-Ross, James Bay AA, Alliston, Ont.; Doug Wooldridge, Lindsay RFC, Lindsay, Ont. Head Coach: Kieran Crowley Assistant Coach: Chris Silverthorn Scrum Coach: Mike Shelley Manager: Mark Winokur Performance Analyst: Calum Ramsay Strength and Conditioning Coach: Andy Evans 2013 IRB Americas Rugby Championship Schedule (all times ET) Oct. 11 U.S. vs. Argentina, 9 p.m. Canada vs. Uruguay, 11 p.m. Oct. 15 Argentina vs. Uruguay, 9 p.m. U.S. vs. Canada, 11 p.m. Oct. 19 Uruguay vs. U.S., 6 p.m. Argentina vs. Canada, 8 p.m. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA JerseysCheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
      July 12, 2019 4:22 AM CEST